Obviously, I think about Harry Potter a lot. It’s like my mental safe space, where I can relax and unwind when I’m stressed out. It’s my mental happy place, where I can retreat when things are overwhelming. But mentally spending so much time in this space means I sometimes end up with more questions than I ever expected to have when I first picked up these books. Mostly these are general questions about the wizarding world. Hopefully one day I’ll be a super famous writer and JK will come across these questions and give me THE ANSWERS I NEED. (and if someone who is not JK has CANON answers, feel free to set me straight).
- Where does magic come from?
- Does magic exist outside the witch or wizard, or is it all internal?
- Is there a finite amount if magic in the world (I.e does the wizarding population remain stable or grow with the world population??)?
- Where do magical creatures come from? Are they related to non-magical creatures that are similar to them?
- Do mixed races – hippogriffs, centuars – come from actual mixed race sex or are they separate from their parts?
- Are all wizards equally strong, and the differences a matter of mental strength, or are some actually stronger in magic than others?
- Is magical strength genetic or random? Can you BECOME stronger through practice? Where does the strength come from??