There is a lot in the wizarding world that JK leaves unanswered. There are quite a few things that people like me (I assume there are other people like me, and that I’m not alone in my obsession) want to know simply because we have a need to know everything about this world (seriously, WHY do we not know how Hermione managed to Bourne Identity her parents at age 17 – and how she got them back??). But there are other things. Things that I wonder if maybe she didn’t quite think through all the way, because…DAMN JK YOU DIRTY (‘m talking about the ramifications of Polyjuice Potion, in case the title wasn’t clear). It’s been established that you can Polyjuice (yes, I’m using it as a verb, you’ll survive the shock grammar nazis) across gender lines – Hermione and Fleur were both disguised as Harry during the Battle of Seven Potters. This opens up a WORLD OF QUESTIONS THAT NOBODY ASKS IN THE BOOKS, MUCH LESS ANSWERS.
- What if the person you Polyjuice as (into?) is on. her. period??? This question really depends on how deep the illusion goes – are you that person all the way to the inside? Harry no longer needs his glasses when he Polyuices as Goyle, which leads me to believe that it’s a pretty thorough transformation. Would it matter if they were mensturating when you took your sample? And if it does, but you waited until it was over to take the potion, would you still bleed? These are practical questions that deserve answers, JK.
- So, um, I realize that it’s mad illegal and restricted anyway, but Harry and his friends never seem to have trouble getting their hands on it, so…is there just a black market for this stuff? Does this black market sell hair collected from celebrities? I think you know where I’m going with this. It’s like the Fappening times eleventy billion.
- Semi-related, do you think the other six Potters totally checked out Harry’s junk while they were Polyjuiced?
- Assuming there IS, in fact a black market for this stuff, how many people are buying it to play out their real-life furry fantasy?
- Is it cheating to ask your partner to take Polyjuice when you’re having sex?
- Clearly the wizarding world doesn’t really take sexual assault seriously (ahem, Merope Gaunt / Romanda Vance) but it’s basically a free pass to rape whoever you want. Just polyjuice into whoever they DO want to have sex with and BAM you’re in like Flynn (Ryder. who is a sexy ass cartoon).
Listen, maybe I’m just a sincerely dirty minded individual. Or maybe JK basically created the most perfect rape and sexual assault drug this side of vodka.